This recipe is so simple to prepare but so good! The secret are in the ingredients, this is what my Abuelita used to say, who was a chef and made the most delicious meals, I can still taste some of her dishes that no one has been able to prepare like her, I’ve tried believe me!
I have to tell you that for me, the thought of making a salsa from scratch scares me sometimes because I need the exact measurements otherwise is either to salty or flavorless, I definetely didn’t inherit my Abuela’s seasoning touch! What I like about the San Marzano Tomatoe Meat Suauce With Barilla® Spagetthi recipe is that is extremely easy and you can’t go wrong when adding the ingredients. This recipe only takes 20 minutes to prepare and it’s good for 8 servings, I would say at least 2 meals for a family of 4 depending on how much your kids eat.
Here’s step by step on how easy is to prepare:
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 stem celery, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup White wine (optional)
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion, carrot and celery with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the meat and cook until browned well.
- Add the San Marzano Tomatoes and 1 cup of water.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a simmer.
- Place Place a pot of water to boil. (You could start boiling the water while you are chopping the veggies)
- Cook pasta in the boiling water according to the package directions.
- Drain the pasta and add the meat sauce either on top or mix it.
- After serving it top the pasta with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
OPTIONAL: After the meat is browned, you can deglaze the sauce by adding the wine and let it reduce all the way.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla®. The opinions and text are all mine.