Thanks to Bumble Bee for sponsoring this post, as always all opinions are my own.
My boy is a big fan of the film Despicable me, more specifically the Minions, he’s crazy about them, so when I was given the challenge to create a school lunch using, Bumble Bee, fresh ingredients and my imagination I couldn’t think of anything better than a Minion inspired tuna sandwich and to tell you the truth even I was surprised because it came out really good, delicious and super healthy!
- 1 Can of chunk white albacore or any tuna works.
- 1 Tomatoe
- 1/4 of an onion
- Olive Oil
- Seafood seasoning
To create the train and minion:
- Bread, 2 slices per sandwich.
- 2 Slices of white cheese (I used provolone)
- 2 Slices of American Cheese
- 2 sheets of roasted seaweed
- 4 round crackers (I used Ritz)
- Cream Cheese
- Small sharp knife
- Exact (To cut the small pieces)
Instructions to prepare the tuna:
- Chop: tomato and onion very finely
- In a bowl mix: chopped tomato, onion, tuna, 1tsp of mayo, 1tsp of olive oil, seafood seasoning. Make sure you mix it all well until there are no big chunks of tuna.
Instructions to create the train and Minion:
- On a chop board, place the slice of bread and draw the Minion and train.
- Using a small sharp knife carefully cut it, this is the tricky part, so take your time. The secret is doing it slowly and no shaking hands. (Do this twice for the bottom part of the sandwich)
- Place the crackers on the bottom of the piece of bread to draw and cut the 2 wheels. (Do this twice for the bottom part of the sandwich)
- Using a button, draw the Minion’s head on the white cheese and the eye, as well as the mouth (Draw it like a banana)
- On the American cheese, cut a rectangle for the train’s window
- On the seaweed cut a very thin line for the Minion’s face.
- Using the cream cheese as glue, stick everything on the piece of bread including the crackers.
- Spread the tuna on the bottom part of the sandwich and place the top part.
Visit their website to learn more about Bumble Bee products, which are great for school lunch, picnics healthy meals and snacks, my kids love it!
For more fun, delicious and healthy recipes with Bumble Bee, follow the hashtag #BumbleBee101 on Twitter!