This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FunSizeMerienda #CollectiveBias
- Card Board or Construction Paper
- Glue stick
- MARS Chocolate to use instead of beans
How to make the Family Traditions Theme Loteria:
- Decide how many Loteria boards you’re going to make, 4,6,8 or more. (Traditional Loteria is 54 images and there are 16 images on each board. I went overboard and put more photos on the board to make it more fun, but you can do it as you like)
- Select some of your favorite family photos. When choosing them think of names you’re going to give the images to call them out when playing Loteria. I chose some of our favorite moments in the last few years as well as photos it will make my kids laugh.
- Make a grid of 4 different photos, you can use Apps like Pickmonkey.
- On your computer, reduce the image to 10% and print them either in color of B/W.
- For the deck of cards, you need to print each of the photos in my case 60 photos, I reduced them to 20%
- Cut the grids to have 4 different photos.
- Grab your 8 1/2 x 11 inches card board or construction paper and cut it in half, that will make 2 cards.
- Glue the photos to your boards, they key is to make sure you mix them up and keep them random, each card has to be different although some of the same images can be on a other cards, it needs to have other images otherwise no one will win. (It almost happen to me when making it! so be careful otherwise it would be Bingo!)
- Cut the photos for the deck of cards.
- To make it easier you can write the names of the images on the back of the card, what I did was to cut thin pieces of card board paper and glued them to the back of the card, where I wrote the names.
- Choosing what you will name the image is part of the fun, think of fun name
- To add a litle sweet touch to our Loteria and La Merienda time instead of using beans I used little pieces of Fun Size TWIX® , you should have seen my kids’ face when they saw the chocolate.
- Give each player a board and a cupful of pieces of chocolate, I used Fun Size TWIX® because is one of our favorite chocolates, but you can use, M&M’®s Fun Size Variety, SNICKERS® Fun Size Candy, M&M’s® Milk Chocolate, M&M’s® Peanut, TWIX® Minis Candies or SNICKERS® Minis
- Next, The caller, in this case me, reads a deck card and who ever has that image on their board card puts a piece of chocolate on the image.
- The player who fills his board card with pieces of chocolate first wins and in this case gets to eat the chocolate!
It was so much fun to make our Family Traditions themed Loteria and play it! My kids had a blast and it was one of our best Meriendas, because we got to talk about our favorite moments on the pictures, we laughed and remember great memories! It was a sweet family time which is what La Merienda is all about!