This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Colgate-Palmolive. All opinions are mine alone.#FusionClean #CollectiveBias”
As you already know , I’m not a chef but I like to try to cook and make my family happy and I actually enjoy my time in the kitchen very much although it hasn’t been easy but when I get frustrated I remember what my grandmother use to tell me, “The dish doesn’t make the chef, the chef makes the dish.”
What my grandmother meant is that you should find your own style and taste when cooking, because everyone can do it is just a matter of trying. I didn’t start cooking until I got married and I made lots of mistakes, the main reason is because I was trying to prepare this complicated recipes and it was a disaster! That why I learned you have to start with simple recipes and a few ingredients such as Enchiladas con Mole, which you can make them for breakfast or dinner and they’re extremely easy to prepare.
My recipe is for 4 people and here’s what you need:
- Mole (You can find it on the Latin products isle on any supermarket)
- 8 eggs
- 8 corn tortillas
- Queso Fresco “Fresh cheese” Traditional Mexican cheese or Cotija.
- Green onions
- 2 Avocados
- Olive oil
- Prepare the scramble eggs like you usually do.
- Heat up the mole following the instructions on the product. The more water you add to the mole paste the more liquid it would be, for the enchiladas don’t make it very liquid otherwise the tortillas will very soggy.
To assemble the enchiladas
- Fill a medium sauce pan half way with olive oil over, when the oil is hot dip one tortilla at a time and fry just until soft, lift out and place them on a plate with paper towels to let the excess oil drip off , after a few seconds dip the fried tortilla into the warm mole and transfer to a plate. Repeat for second tortilla.
- Put eggs on each tortilla, don’t over fill. I put the eggs on one side of the tortilla for easy folding.
- Fold the tortillas in half.
- Sprinkle queso fresco and some chopped green onions on top of the enchiladas and add some avocado on the side and you’re done! I prepare this dish for my family on Sunday morning for breakfast but you can add shredded chicken instead of eggs and serve it for dinner. This recipe is so easy it’s very hard to mess it up so give it a try!
One of the reasons I use to dislike cooking and many people avoid the kitchen is because of the mess and clean up you have to do afterwards, actually that’s why I avoid making recipes with mole because it really sticks to the pan and between the chopping and eggs, the mess could be catastrophic. The best tip I got from my mom is clean up as you go and that’s what I always do, this way I don’t end up with a mess after cooking and I can truly enjoy my meal.
Of course to make the clean up at the kitchen a little easier you need some help like good cleaning products that deliver what they promise, such as New Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ dish liquid is with specially formulated for tough cleaning challenges. I’ve tried other products but the New Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ dish liquid got my attention because it combines Baking Soda and the fresh scents of Lime or Grapefruit in a formula that will give you “A Modern Twist on Cleaning™” and will let you cook up a storm like Mole Enchiladas!
I bought it at Walmart when I was shopping for mole I knew that with Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ dish liquid tackling stuck-on food just became easier: *Cleans 2.5x more dishes vs. Palmolive® Non-Concentrated dish liquid and its ultra concentrated formula dissolves and loosens 24-hour stuck on food and removes even unseen food residue.
So how about trying my Mole Enchiladas recipe and not worry about the mess with the New Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ dish liquid, actually from April 10 until April 23 there’s a coupon available on Coupons.com for $0.25 off any Palmolive product, great opportunity to try it!
Do you have any easy recipes you would like to share? Comment below, I would love to try them!
More Latina Mom TV Videos