In Mexico we don’t celebrate Cinco de Mayo the way they do in the US where it’s a great excuse to party! And there’s nothing wrong with that right? But besides the drinks you’ll need some traditional mexican food and I found these great recipes on Vivemejor so you can treat your guests to mouthwatering dishes and the best part, they’re super easy to prepare, yet full of vibrant taste and flavors.
Creamy Spicy Mango Salsa
- Makes: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 15 min
- 1/4 cup Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 large ripe mango*, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Combine Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce, Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise and chili powder in large bowl. Stir in mango and red pepper. Serve, if desired, with tortilla chips.
- *SUBSTITUTIONS: Use 1 package (10 oz.) frozen mango, thawed and chopped, instead of fresh mango. Also, try using regular chili powder instead of chipotle chili powder.
- Cost per recipe*: $2.47. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarket
Creamy Poblano Chicken Tostadas
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Marinate for: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 jar Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce
- 3 poblano peppers, roasted*, peeled and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bag (4 oz.) watercress (about 6 cups)
- 1 grapefruit, sectioned and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 radishes, cut into thin strips
- 16 corn tostadas**
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon in large resealable plastic bag; Add chicken and turn to coat. Close bag and marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, process Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce with poblano peppers in blender until smooth. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook garlic, stirring, 30 seconds. Stir in sauce mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice and cilantro.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill or broil chicken, turning once, until desired doneness, about 8 minutes. Thinly slice chicken and stir into Sauce.
- Combine watercress, grapefruit, onions and radishes in large bowl; set aside.
- Evenly divide chicken onto tostadas, then mound watercress mixture on tostadas. Drizzle, if desired, with additional lime juice.
- ***SUBSITUTION: To make your own tostadas, fry corn tortillas in small skillet in oil, one at a time, turning once, until crisp; drain on paper towels.
Quick Chipotle Chilaquiles
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 12 corn tortillas, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
- 2 Tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Your favorite chilaquiles toppings (chopped red onions, crumbled queso fresco and/or chopped fresh cilantro)
- Heat 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook 3 tortillas, turning once, 1 minute or until golden. Remove tortillas and drain on paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat 3 times with remaining Spread and tortillas.
- Cook Ragu® Old World Style® Traditional Pasta Sauce with chipotle peppers in same skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in tortillas and cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve topped with chilaquiles toppings.
Cost per recipe*: $4.62 Cost per serving*: $1.15 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets
So Let’s get cooking and have a “Delicioso” 5 de Mayo!
For more recipes you can visit Vivemejor website where they have great recipes for ANY ocassion!