Camarones Rancheros or Mexican Shrimp
with Ooh La La Wine
Just so you know, I don’t really know how to cook, the reason is, I’m not good at it, I don’t have “Sazón” But there’s one dish I know how to make (My husband, the chef of the house taught me) And turns out delicious! And this time I add it Ooh La La wine and it’s even better!
What you need
I’m not giving exact quantities, because it depends for how many people you’re cooking and how spicy you want it, but to give you an example, when I make it for my husband and I, I use approximately 40 shrimps medium size, 2 red round tomatoes, 1/4 onion and 1-2 jalapeños, depends on how spicy they’re.
- Shrimp, preferably peeled and cooked
- Tomatoes, (Your preference)
- Jalapeño, (Depends on how spicy you like it.)
- Old Bay Seasoning or any other seafood seasoning you like
- Knorr Consome (Tomato flavor it’s better!)
- Ooh La La Chardonnay
It’s extremely easy to prepare this dish, If I can do it, believe me you can. And if you cook while sipping a glass of Ooh La La Chardonnay and enjoying the zing! It’s even better!
- Preheat a pan over medium heat with olive oil.
- In the meantime, chop the onions and jalapeño
- Add the chopped onions, jalapeño, seafood seasoning and little bit of salt to the pan, until they begin to turn dark brown. (Taste the sauce and if you would like it to be more spicy add more jalapeño)
Add everything to the blender including your tomatoes and add a teaspoon of Knorr Consome and blend away.
Add your sauce to a saucepan and let it boil.
When it’s almost ready, here’s the fun part, add about 1/4 of a cup pf Ooh La La Chardonnay to your sauce and let it boil for another 2-3 minutes.
On a plate add steamed white rice, the shrimp and pour the sauce over it, it’s delicious!
Perfect for a romantic night, dinner with friends even as a family dish, just don’t make it spicy or do what I do, I make two sauces, one for the adults and one for the kids, my boys love it!
And of course one of the main ingredients is the chardonnay, the combination of wine Mexican shrimp it’s unavailable!
So go ahead open a bottle of Ooh La La wine which is so refreshing you have to try, it and start cooking!
Disclosure: This is not a paid post, I’m an Ooh La La wines ambassador, but as always my opinion is solely my own.