This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LongLastingScent #CollectiveBias
All I know about washing clothes are tips my Abuelita passed on to my mom and she passed on to me, these 6 simple tips, will help you do your laundry faster, easier, take care of your clothes and save you time on laundry day.
- Soak stains immediately. Having two boys, stains are my life and I don’t have time to wash those clothes immediately but what I always do is, soak them! You have to deal with it immediately otherwise it might not come off and the stain will be permanent. What I do is, I fill a bucket with water add a little detergent and soak the piece of clothing in it until Ihave time to treat the stain.
- Always use cold water. Hot water will only damage your clothes, they can shrink and discolored clothing and it won’t help with the stains, if you want your clothes to last longer use cold water all the time. I only use hot water when washing towels.
- Sort the smart way. I used to only sort whites, darks, and delicates, but once day my mom saw me doing laundry and gave me the best tip, she said the secret is sorting not just by color, but also by fabric type, your clothes will wind up much cleaner. Yes, this tip does take a bit of a time, but in the long term it will save you money because your clothes will last you longer.What I do is, I make four separate piles for colors: All white, light colors, dark colors and delicates. Then, separate linty fabrics like towels, flannels, and sweatshirts from any fabrics that can pill such as corduroys and cotton.
- Line-dry. Specially delicates I put them in the dryer from 10 minutes on extra-low, this way they’re aren’t super wet when hang them to dry. I do the same with cotton clothes I know can shrink.
- Soap first, then clothes. To allow your detergent to dissolve in the water, add your clothes first and then your detergent, the soap will work more effectively.
- Clothes with Fresh scents it’s like wearing new clothes. Have you noticed how a certain scent can change your mood? For me fresh scents always put me in a good mood and if those clothes are soft, my day is going well. That’s why I like Suavitel® Liquid Fabric Conditioner in Morning Sun scent, which reminds me of sunny days.